Halloween is this weekend in Katy! If you haven’t celebrated yet, have no fear. There are still tons of Halloween events and activities taking place in Katy, from today through Saturday. As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on them!
- Have you always wanted to participate in a flash mob? Tonight is your chance! Head to the corner of Kingsland Boulevard and Promenade Boulevard for a Thriller Flash Mob with Katy Magazine! This runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. All ages are welcome, and costumes are highly suggested.
- On Friday, grab your lawn chairs or picnic blanket for Halloween Movie Night! Head to Cane Island and enjoy popcorn and other treats while you watch the movie. This will take place in the Amenity Village parking lot and the movie begins at 7 p.m. A pet costume contest will take place at 6:30 p.m.
- Turn your Halloween into a night of elegance and dancing at the Masquerade Ball Showcase on Friday night. This takes place at Planet Ballroom, beginning at 8:30 p.m. Watch some spectacular talent from choreographers and students, and then dance the night away with your masked partner.
- On Saturday, Halloween, wake up bright and early for The Great Pumpkin Run at 7 a.m.! Show up to St. Peter’s United Methodist Church in your best costume and enjoy a community run. Cost is $25 and proceeds benefit Christian Solidarity International.
- Visit Katy Dog Park on Halloween, anytime between 9 a.m. and noon, for Howl-O-Ween! This holiday is for your pets to celebrate, too. Dress your dog up in costume for the costume contest, and enjoy fun games and more. Admission is one can of dog food per dog.
- Gather the whole family for an evening at Smith Ranch for their Halloween Fun Fest on Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. Enjoy a pumpkin patch, hay rides, a hay maze, moonwalks, paddle boats, pony rides, games, food, candy and more. There is something for everyone! Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 12.
- For a unique trick-or-treating experience, bring the family to Indiangrass Preserve on the Katy Prairie for their Unplugged Adventure – Not So Scary Prairie event. You will learn about all the spooky nighttime animals that roam the prairie while collecting treats along the way. Cost is $5 per person.
Enjoy your last few days of Halloween celebrations here in Katy! What are you dressing up as this year? Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear!