Does all of your holiday spending have you on a budget? Not sure how to entertain your kids while they’re on break, or guests staying with you from out of town? As your Katy real estate agent, I’m here to fill you in on fun, free activities around Katy. Turns out, there are loads of fun things you can do with your family or friends in Katy that don’t cost a cent.
1. Visit a park. Katy is loaded with parks, and these are free to wander around and explore! Exploration Park has a sensory garden, musical bridge and a lawn with tall glass rods. Katy Play Station will keep kids busy for hours. Mary Jo Peckham Park has free putt-putt golf, a fishing pond and a playground. City of Katy Dog Park is 14 acres of water fountains, pools and trails for dogs!
2. Family Night. All of the Chick-fil-A locations host a Family Night just about every night of the week! These take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Lately, they’ve been holiday-themed, but other themes include pirates, indoor campouts, painting and more. It’s a great way to get out of the house and have old-fashioned fun.
3. Free Movies. Catch a free movie outside at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch! Alamo Drafthouse Cinema hosts free movies on the courtyard on select Saturdays, which begin at dusk. Kids’ classics can also be found on Central Green on select nights of the week. These also begin at dusk. All you need is snacks and a blanket or chairs!
4. Museum Visits. Katy Heritage Society offers free admission at the historic homes in Katy Heritage Park on the first weekend of every month. Katy Contemporary Arts Museum has free admission every day that they are open, Wednesdays through Sundays. Katy Veterans Museum is also free to view Monday through Friday.
5. Story Times. Cinco Ranch Branch Library has free pajama story night every Tuesday from 7 to 8 p.m. Katy Budget Books has story time for kids’ age three to six, and book clubs for middle school students and young adults. Kindergarten kids meet at Kinder Korner on select Wednesdays for story time, movies and crafts. Maud Smith Marks Library hosts Teen Time on Thursdays from 2:45 to 4 p.m.
6. Trial Classes. You can take one free class at many places around Katy if you never have before! Becky’s Academy of Dance offers anyone a free trial dance class, and you pick the style. Connolly Dance Arts offers one trial class of any dance style as well. Katy Kips Gymnastics Club offers one free class to kids and adults. School of Rock offers one trial musical lesson to kids and adults.
As you can see, there are lots of ways to have free fun in Katy! Enjoy the rest of your holiday season, and when ready to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals in the New Year, contact me, your Katy real estate agent!