Do you feel like summer is flying by in Katy? August is the last month to enjoy summer events before the kids go back to school. Take advantage of the sun, heat and local festivities while you can! As your Katy real estate agent, I’ve put together this list of events taking place this month in the area. Mark your calendar with the ones that sound most fun to you!
- The Katy Summer Tailgate will take place on August 13 from 2 to 10 p.m. in and around the Harvest Plaza! This a great way to conclude summer with an old-school street dance and pep rally. The Texas Twisters will provide tunes for the street dance. Enjoy a beer garden, the Taste of Katy from local restaurants, vendor and merchant booths, a fun zone for kids, a family picnic area, local performers and more. Bring school supplies or a backpack as your entry fee!
- A Back-to-School Block Party will also take place on August 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those in need can stop by the Fellowship of Love Church for free health screenings, free haircuts, parent workshops, games, moonwalk, entertainment, food vendors and free backpacks with gift cards. If you can, donate to the cause beforehand, so children in need can get their backpacks before school.
- On August 13, help raise money for the award-winning Taylor Band organization while also enjoying the music, pride and spirit they bring to the Katy community! The Taylor Band March-A-Thon will take place from 8 to 11 a.m., and then again from 12 to 4 p.m. They will help get the Katy community excited for the new school year by playing in neighborhoods surrounding Taylor High School.
- Blast to the Past Cruise In will take place on August 13 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. If you love cars, you’ll love this event, where you can view over 1,000 cars! You can also enjoy music, photo shoots, raffles, giveaways, a kid’s zone, vendors, food trucks, a beer garden, snow cones and more.
- Katy Market Day takes place on the third Saturday of every month! Shop amongst antiques, jewelry, art, crafts, gifts, soap, honey, clothing, hair accessories and more. This is a great place to purchase unique items while supporting local vendors in downtown Katy. Upcoming dates include Aug. 20, Sept. 17 and Oct. 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get out and enjoy these last few weeks of summer in Katy! If you’re ready to buy a Katy home, sell your Katy home or both, contact me! As your Katy real estate agent, I can tell you that as one season flows into the next, the Katy real estate market never stops. It’s always a great time to accomplish your real estate goals, and I am here to help!