We are in the midst of the fall season here in Katy, TX, and while we don’t usually get crisp fall temperatures, we still have plenty of fall activities to enjoy throughout the area! As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on what’s coming up, so that you and your family can enjoy all the area has to offer, or you can head out and try to meet others in the area if you’re new!
Mark your calendar with these upcoming fall activities in Katy:
- Katy Homecoming football games are taking place throughout the months of September and October. Homecoming football games still to come are Seven Lakes High School on Sept. 29 at 6:30 p.m., Taylor High School on Oct. 6 at 6:30 p.m., Tompkins High School on Oct. 13 at 6:30 p.m., Katy High School on Oct. 14 at 7 p.m., and Cinco Ranch High School on Oct. 21 at 11 a.m. Support our local players!
- If you’ve never tried Zumba, a Latin-inspired, calorie-burning fitness class, now is your chance. The YMCA is hosting Zumba Fest on Sept. 30 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.! It is free to attend, and a bunch of instructors will be there to guide you through the workout.
- St. Paul’s Fall Festival and Craft Show takes place on Oct. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a slew of family-friendly activities, bounce houses, face painting, a petting zoo, barbecue and more. It’ll be a fun-filled day with family and friends!
- Camp Bow Wow is celebrating its one-year anniversary in Katy on Oct. 1 with an Anniversary Fair! From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., bring your pets and your whole family. Enjoy food and treats from local vendors, crafts, games, prizes and more. Meet with vets in the area to see which is the best fit for your pets!
- The Rotary Club of Katy’s 24th Annual Katy Triathlon will take place Oct. 2 at Firethorne. It includes a 500-meter lake swim, a 12-mile bike ride and a three-mile run. Proceeds will benefit the Katy Rotary Fund. Support a great cause and test your fitness skills with others in the Katy community!
- If you love the story of Romeo and Juliet, head to Seven Lakes High School’s Performing Arts Center the weekend of Oct. 6-8 for a fall performance of it by our local high schoolers. Shows take place at 7 p.m. each evening, with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday as well.
- The Katy Rice Harvest Festival takes place each year, and this year it is on Oct. 8-9 in Downtown Katy! Enjoy two full days of live entertainment on two stages, crafts, food, a parade, kid’s activities and more. Admission is $10 and free parking/shuttles will leave from Katy Mills.
This is just a selection of the events and activities coming up in the Katy area. You’ve got a lot of options! Enjoy the fall season, and when ready to buy a Katy home or sell your Katy home, contact me. I am your Katy real estate agent, here and ready to help you out!