Is there ever a more festive, jolly time to spend in Katy, TX than the month of December? As a Katy real estate agent, I love seeing the town covered in holiday lights and the calendar filled with festive, family-friendly fun.
Take some time out of your holiday to-do list for some of these fun holiday events in the Katy area! You’ll get to know the community and the people in it, and you’ll make lasting memories.
Here’s a few upcoming holiday events in the Katy area to keep on your radar:
- Mayde Creek High School Theatre Company invites you to see their production of A Christmas Carol Dec. 8-9 at 7 p.m. or Dec. 10 at 2 or 7 p.m. Student tickets cost $6 in advance or $8 at the door, and adult tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Enjoy this classic tale!
- Head to Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center on Dec. 10 or 17 for Elfie Selfies with Santa! This event takes place from noon to 4 p.m. Each day, kids can meet with Santa and let him know what they want for Christmas this year. Bring your camera for photos with Santa as well!
- The 6th Annual Winterfest will take place this Saturday, Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Westlake Volunteer Fire Department. Get your holiday shopping done among more than 70 vendors while listening to live music, participating in crafts and much more. Kids can visit with Santa!
- This Saturday is also the day that dancers of Connolly Dance Arts in Katy will perform their rendition of The Nutcracker. Head to Morton Ranch High School Performing Arts Center for the performance, which takes place at 3 p.m. General admission tickets cost $12.
- Head Downtown Fulshear on Dec. 17 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. for this year’s Holly Jolly Christmas! This year’s event will feature ice skating, live music, a live nativity, a children’s area full of activities, vendor booths, a walking parade, and guest appearances from Santa and Anna and Elsa of Frozen!
- WinterFest takes over Typhoon Texas in Katy this time of year. From now through Dec. 31, you can enjoy a Christmas 4D show, a WinterFest train ride, a big slide, a petting zoo, pony rides, Santa’s Workshop, hay rides, real ice skating, thousands of lights and more.
Enjoy these and many other holiday events taking place throughout the Katy, TX area this month! As always, when you are ready to embark on your Katy real estate market goals, contact me. Whether it’s during the holiday season or after, I am your Katy real estate agent, here and ready to help you out as soon as you’re ready to begin!