Happy March! As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on some of the upcoming events and activities you can enjoy this month in Katy, TX. As the seasons shift into spring, fun happenings around the Katy community never cease. If you are new to the area, these events are a great way to meet others in the community!
1. On March 4, head to Katy Taste Test at Villagio Town Center from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This family-friendly event is a great place to try all sorts of delicious food available in Katy! It will feature live entertainment, beverage tents, cooking demonstrations, a kids zone and tons of delicious cuisine. Tickets cost $25 in advance, $30 at the door, and $8 for kids. The children’s ticket also includes a meal from Chick-fil-A and unlimited access to the kids zone.
2. Bring the kids to the Up, Up and Away Inflatable Fun Day at the Elyson by Newland Communities in Katy on March 4. From 2 to 6 p.m., kids can enjoy bounce houses, a giant slide, an inflatable obstacle course, balloon artists, face painters, arts and crafts. After 6 p.m., enjoy s’mores on the patio and sit down to watch an outdoor screening of ‘Up’ under the stars. If hungry, Rorick Kitchen will be open for dinner orders.
3. Head to the Multicultural Fair at Seven Lakes Junior High on March 7 from 6 to 8 p.m. Bring the whole family and learn about the diverse cultural background of Katy’s school and community. Volunteers will be present to represent numerous countries. Students that attend will receive a passport that they can have stamped at each country’s booth. Try food from each country, view clothing, souvenirs and more, and enjoy live entertainment and performances.
4. On March 11, head to LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch for their 10th Anniversary Celebration! From 2 to 4 p.m., enjoy a live musical performance by Chris Boss, a photo booth, face painting, balloon artists and more. You can also participate in a scavenger hunt that will span through 20 stores at LaCenterra. The winner will receive tickets to see Ariana Grande. The event is free, and there will be food and beverages to purchase on site.
5. Catch a performance of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ at the British International School of Houston between March 23 and 25! Check out this new state-of-the-art theater while enjoying a performance of one of Disney’s most beloved fairy tales. Tickets only cost $15 for adults and $10 for students and kids. Seating is general admission, so arrive early for the performances!
These are just some of the events taking place this month in Katy, TX. Get out and enjoy all that this community has to offer! When you are ready to buy a Katy home, or to sell your Katy home, contact me. The spring real estate market is an active one, so as your Katy real estate agent, I don’t advise that you wait! I look forward to hearing from you.