April is almost over, but you’d be amazed how many events and activities have yet to occur in Katy, TX this month! There are still numerous fun opportunities to be had in Katy before the month is up, and as your Katy real estate agent, I am here to fill you in on them. It’s a beautiful time of year in Katy, so get out and enjoy the community, and take this opportunity to meet some neighbors!
1. The 6th Annual Seven Lakes High School Band Program Golf Tournament takes place this Friday, April 28, at Cinco Ranch Golf Club. If you love golf, you’ll love this fundraiser! Aside from a great day of golf, you can participate in the putting contest, hole-in-one-contest and team prizes.
2. Katy Budget Books is hosting their 2nd Annual Spring Market on April 29, which happens to be Independent Bookstore Day! Local crafters and distributors will set up booths in the parking lot and inside for you to browse and shop from. There will be some indie bookstore surprises, too!
3. On April 29, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., head to Bridgeland’s Oak Meadow Park for Bridgeland’s Nature Fest! Jeff Corwin of Animal Planet’s “The Jeff Corwin Experience” will host this family event with the Great American Duck Race, armadillo races, crocodile encounters, food trucks and so much more.
4. The Literary and Fine Arts Festival and Parade will take place at the Cinco Ranch Branch Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on April 29. The parade of book characters will make its way to LaCenterra. Also enjoy musical entertainment from student groups, and student art and writing displays.
5. Crawfish are back! Head to Katy Elks Lodge for their Crawfish Boil this Saturday from 1 to 6 p.m. All proceeds will benefit children with special needs. Crawfish will be $5 per pound or $25 for all-you-can-eat. They will also have hot dogs, a bounce house, face painting, snow cones and more.
Finish April with a bang in Katy, and then look forward to May! Events coming up next month include the Cow Patty Classic 5K/10K on May 6, Katy Doggie Derby May 6, Lone Star Symphonic Band Contest May 7, Typhoon Texas Kids Triathlon May 21 and so much more. The fun never ends in Katy!
Enjoy these wonderful spring months in Katy, TX, and when ready to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals, contact me. As a Katy real estate agent, I can tell you that spring is a hopping time for buyers and sellers. Don’t let time slip away from you. Contact me today and let’s get started!