The kids are back in school and fall is officially beginning, but the fun never ends in Katy, TX! As your Katy real estate agent, I love keeping you updated with the latest community events on my blog. Check back often! These events are a great way to spend quality time with your family or friends, or to get out and meet others in the community, especially if you’re new.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming events in Katy:
- Sign up and participate in the 2017 Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Saturday, Sept. 16. Register the day of, starting at 7 a.m., watch the ceremony at 7:30 and begin walking at 8 a.m. The route length is a 5K at LaCenterra and all age groups are welcome to participate.
- Head to Chick-fil-A at Cinco Ranch on Sept. 19 or Mason Road on Sept. 20 for Preschool Playhouse: Run into Fall! Kids will create a filter fall leaf to spray and watch the colors run. Plus, as always, they will enjoy singing, dancing, story time and sparkle dough with other kids their age.
- Head to the Omni Hotel in Houston for Breakfast for a Blessing on Sept. 22, hosted by the Rotary Club of Katy. From 7:30 to 9 a.m., enjoy a delicious breakfast for a great cause. All proceeds will benefit thousands who are uninsured in Katy.
- Head to Multiplicity on Sept. 23 for the Fall 2017 Food Truck Revolution! From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., enjoy a fun-filled day to honor local law enforcement. Admission is free, with yard games, face painting, a craft table, finger print ID kits and more. Purchase food from several food trucks on site.
- Head to LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch on Sept. 23 for Movie Night! From 8 to 10 p.m., enjoy a free movie under the stars. The movie this night will be ‘The Lego Batman Movie.’ Bring lawn chairs and snacks/beverages if you desire.
- Head to Chick-fil-A on Sept. 25 at Cinco Ranch or Sept. 26 at Mason Road for Family Night: Core Essentials – Friendship. Kids will be taught how to make smart decisions and treat others right while they decorate a friendship rock. Free face painting and balloon animal included.
- The Katy ISD Education Foundation hosts Fireflies & Foodtrucks on Sept. 28 at No Label Brewery as an end-of-summer celebration. From 5:30 to 8 p.m., enjoy food, live music and more. Cost is $50 per person and all proceeds benefit teacher grant programs.
Enjoy the rest of your September in Katy, TX, and get ready for fall festivals and Halloween activities in October! The years fly by, so why wait to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals? If you’d like to buy, sell or both this summer, contact me, your Katy real estate agent. I am here to answer all of your questions and to help you achieve your real estate goals as soon as possible!