As your Katy real estate agent, I like to keep you informed on local events and activities in the Katy community, so that you can enjoy all that your community has to offer, and you can meet and connect with others who live in the area. Therefore, I bring you my first list of local events for 2018!
If you’ve begun to develop a ‘couch potato’ attitude this winter, it’s time to get out of the house and enjoy some of the upcoming events taking place in Katy! Mark down the dates for events that interest you most:
- This Thursday through Saturday, Jan. 18-20, catch a performance of ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ at Taylor High School Performing Arts Center. This famous musical is brought to you by our local high school students, so go support them and enjoy the performance!
- Head to the Cane Island Amenity Village on Jan. 20 for some free coffee and mingling with neighbors. From 9 to 11 a.m., you can enjoy sampling delicious coffee and treats from Old Katy Coffee. This is a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the area!
- The local Chick-fil-A locations always host great family-friendly activities, and this month is no exception. Head to the Cinco Ranch location Jan. 23 or the Mason Road location Jan. 24, both from 9:30 to 11 a.m., for Snow Day. Preschoolers can paint a snowman, sing, dance and enjoy storytime.
- If you could use some relaxation to break up your stressful days, head to the Maud Marks Branch Library for Color Me Relaxed – Adult Coloring Program! Beginning at 2 p.m. on Jan. 23, you can draw whatever you wish, as they supply pages and colored pencils. This repeats every fourth Tuesday of the month.
- Seven Lakes High School will present, ‘Eat Your Heart Out, A Comedy in Three Acts’ from Jan. 25 to Jan. 27. The Studio VII Theater Company will supply you with an evening of laughs! Tickets cost $12 for students and $15 for adults, with shows starting at 7 p.m. or 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Katy Home and Garden Show is a much-anticipated event each year! Jan. 27 or 28, head to the Leonard E. Merrell Center to view more than 300 exhibits, meet celebrity renovation experts, attend workshops, vote for your favorite outdoor living retreat and more. Kids 12 and under are free.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun ways to enjoy Katy, TX this month! As your Katy real estate agent, I enjoy bringing you updates on local events and activities, and I am also here to help you achieve all of your Katy real estate market goals in 2018! Whether you’re looking to buy, sell or both this winter season, contact me with questions or for help getting started. I am here for you every step of the way!