Katy, TX is getting warmer and greener as spring is in its prime and Earth Day is upon us! Whether looking for an outdoor run, a fun kid’s craft, or a relaxing movie or theatrical production, you’ve come to the right place. As your Katy real estate agent, I’ve put together this list of upcoming events for you to enjoy in and around Katy, TX this month:
- Today, LIFE Church and the A.D. Players will present the classic tale of ‘The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe,’ a beloved story about Narnia, a world beyond ours with the age-old conflict between good and evil. This is free and open to the public, but tickets needed to be reserved ahead of time!
- This Saturday, April 14, head to Tompkins High School bright and early for the Cow Patty Classic 5K/10K! Wear your best bovine attire and enjoy a run, jog or walk that will benefit the OTHS FFA Student Chapter. Packet pickup is this Thursday. Adult registration is $25 and $15 for students 18 and under.
- Chick-fil-A has their monthly events coming up mid-month! Preschoolers can enjoy Earth Day Planting April 17 at Cinco Ranch and April 18 at Mason Road, both from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Kids will plant their own herbs. On April 16-18, Caterpillar Garden will take place for kids of any age, where they can adopt their own caterpillar and watch it turn into a butterfly! First 100 kids get caterpillars.
- April 19, head to LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch for a free Cinema Under the Stars evening from 7 to 10 p.m. Enjoy food and fun, and then at dusk, ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ will show. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. This is free and open to the public!
- Another running opportunity is coming up on April 21 at Cinco Ranch High School. Color for a Cause 5K will benefit The Arc of Katy, helping them rebuild their facility after Hurricane Harvey. The run will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. During the race, participants can throw and toss non-toxic colored corn starch in the air, so by the end of the race, everyone is all colorful!
This is quite the array of activities taking place in Katy, TX during the rest of April. Get out and enjoy yourself as a single, couple, family or group of friends. These are also great ways to meet others in the area if you recently relocated to Katy!
If you’d like help relocating to Katy, or you’re ready to accomplish your home-buying and/or home-selling goals in the Katy real estate market this spring, contact me! As your Katy real estate agent, I am here to help you with all of your real estate goals.