- Kids Night at CAP is coming up this Friday, Sept. 28, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. CAP Animal Shelter & Pet Adoption Center hosts a Kids Night every last Friday of the month, to celebrate the bond between kids and animals. Kids can enjoy a dinner, go to a movie, or hang out at CAP and make fun animal-themed crafts or play games. Kids six and up are welcome for a donation of $15 per child. Then you can go enjoy a date night!
- Head to Brookshire to attend Fall Festival at Dewberry Farm! This begins this Saturday, Sept. 29, and runs until Nov. 11. Enjoy all the things that make the fall season so wonderful, such as a corn maze, a pumpkin patch, wine and beer in the Cantina, seasonal food for the whole family and so much more. Pick out some pumpkins to bring home for decoration or for carving or painting!
- Support local artists and crafters at the Real Craftwives of Katy Fall Market on Oct. 7! This will take place at No Label Brewing Co. and will feature over 60 local vendors. There will also be live music, food trucks, kids activities and more, so make a day of it! Entry is free.
- The Katy Rice Festival takes place Oct. 12-14 in Downtown Historic Katy. Enjoy a full weekend of art and craft vendors, live music, food, a beer garden and a carnival. There is, of course, also a rice cooking competition, and a student arts competition. A parade will take place Saturday morning. All proceeds from the event go toward student scholarships and to local charities through the Rotary Club of Katy.
- Halloween events begin with a “Howl-o-ween” Dog Walk, Costume Contest & Pet Expo at Central Green Park in LaCenterra on Oct. 13. Take a walk with your dogs to benefit thousands of needy pets helped by Citizens for Animal Protection, hunt for treats for people and pooches in the Pet Expo, and show off your pet’s best costume for the Canine Costume contest.
- Cinema Under the Stars is back on Oct. 20 from 7 to 10 p.m. Enjoy the movie ‘Coco’ outside in the courtyard of LaCenterra, in front of Las Alamedas. There will be food and fun before the movie begins. Bring blankets or lawn chairs for sitting in during the movie!
Stay tuned for more upcoming fall events in Katy in future blog posts! For now, enjoy the beginning of the fall season, and contact me when ready to achieve your Katy real estate market goals. Fall is a great time to buy, sell or both, and as your Katy real estate agent, I am here and ready to help!