There are a slew of holiday celebrations right around the corner! Are you ready to celebrate, or will you wait until after Thanksgiving? The choice is yours! As your Katy real estate agent, I am here to fill you in on local events and activities, so you can always enjoy all that the Katy community has to offer.
1. You can start grabbing photos with Santa at Katy Mills as early as this Friday, Nov. 9! These will run through Christmas Eve, Dec. 24. There are also select dates and times that you can grab pet photos with Santa between Nov. 18 and Dec. 16. Then between Dec. 2 and Dec. 9, kids with special needs or disabilities will be able to meet with Santa in a safe environment.
2. LaCenterra’s Annual Tree Lighting will take place on Friday, Nov. 16, from 6 to 9 p.m. This is presented by Texas Children’s Hospital – West Campus. Families can enjoy food, drinks, games, entertainment and a visit from Santa! The lighting of LaCenterra’s new 51-foot Christmas tree will take place at 7 p.m.
3. Willowfork Fire Department is hosting a “Toys for Tots” Drive Nov. 19 through Dec. 14. You can drop toys off at any of the three Stations between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bring new and unwrapped toys in original packaging for infants through high school ages, or drop off checks made out to Toys for Tots.
4. Sign up for the 2018 YMCA Turkey Dash at Monty Ballard YMCA at Cinco Ranch in Katy. This takes place Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22. Choose from a 10K, 5K, 1 Mile Kids Race or a 1 Mile Walk/run. Afterward, enjoy a post-race party with food, giveaways, a photo booth, a kids zone and more. Then head home for turkey dinner after burning your morning calories!
5. After Thanksgiving, get into the Christmas spirit with the annual Katy Old-Fashioned Christmas Festival on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is so much to enjoy in historic downtown Katy, including food trucks, a beer garden, vendors for holiday shopping, photos with Santa in Harvest Plaza, carolers, and 50,000 pounds of snow for the kids to play in! This is a great family-friendly tradition.
6. The Seven Lakes High School PTSA’s annual Holiday Home Tour takes place on Dec. 5 and 6. Tickets went on sale this week! Grab yours and tour five beautiful Katy homes that are all decked out for the holidays. Pre-sale tickets cost $15 each and are sold at the high school, Beau Kisses, Elaine’s Lighting and Southern Divas Boutique.
This is the holiday lineup so far! Keep up with my blog, as I will add more holiday events as they pop up.
When you’re ready to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals, contact me, your Katy real estate agent! The holidays are coming up quickly, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still time to accomplish your real estate goals. Act quickly and you could be celebrating the holidays in your new home! Give me a call!