Many people find the winter months to be dull and drab, but they don’t have to be! As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on fun events and activities taking place in the Katy TX area in the coming month. Katy is a wonderful place to call home for families, groups of friends and anyone looking for a close community with lots of fun options!
- This weekend, Feb. 1-3, head to Tompkins High School Performing Arts Center for a showing of ‘Once On This Island.’ A fearless peasant girl sets out to find her place in the world, guided by the island gods. Tickets cost $12 for students and $15 for adults.
- The Katy Half Marathon will take place this weekend, Feb. 2! Running options include a kids 1k, 5k, full half marathon and half marathon relay, starting from Katy Mills Mall. Registration includes race bib with tag for accurate timing, race photos, finisher’s medals and more. You can still sign up!
- If you’ve been wanting to try goat yoga, this Saturday is your chance! Goat Yoga at Sunset takes place Feb. 2 at 5 p.m. in Katy. This is just like regular yoga, but with friendly goats wandering around you. Cost is $33 per person.
- The 2nd Annual Designer Purse Bingo is at No Label Brewing Co. on Feb. 2 from 5 to 11:30 p.m. Join them for Bags, Bingo & Bubbles while proceeds benefit Stuff the Sleigh! A limited number of general admission and reserved seat tickets will be available.
- The Little Gym of Katy is hosting their Grand Re-Opening and Birthday Party on Friday, Feb. 8 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. This is open to everyone. Enjoy games, activities, raffles, birthday cake, enrollment specials and more!
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Cane Island by attending the Couples Sushi Making Class on Feb. 16. They’ve also got a Chili Cook Off planned for Feb. 23 and a Movie on the Lawn Feb. 1 and Feb. 22.
- The Farmers Market at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch is back once a month during the winter season! It takes place on the fourth Sunday of each month, which is Feb. 24 and then March 24, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Stock up on honey, cheese, eggs, seasonal vegetables and more from local vendors.
- Every Monday, parents meet for a walk at Cinco Ranch Beach Club and walk 2.5 miles around the lake and neighborhood. They stop at Proud Pie for coffee and a snack. The trails are great for strollers or for older kid who can handle the walk. Mingle with other parents while getting exercise!
Enjoy your month in Katy! When ready to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals, give me a call, your Katy real estate agent. Real estate doesn’t take a pause in the winter months, so why should your home-buying and/or home-selling goals? Give me a call now and you could be settled in by spring!