If you are a homeowner, or you’d like to become a homeowner in Katy, TX, what is your main reason? Turns out, there are many reasons why Americans become homeowners! It’s a very special day, the day you close on your home, and 64.4 percent of households in the U.S. celebrate that day each year, just as they would a birthday, anniversary, etc.
If you’re not sure if homeownership is right for you, take a look at some of the perks that other homeowners mention, both non-financial and financial. As your Katy real estate agent, I am here to help you determine if homeownership is right for you, and if it is, to help you find the perfect home in the Katy real estate market to fit your needs!
Non-financial perks of homeownership in Katy:
- Homeowners have a stronger connection to their neighborhood and community, and become more involved and feel more included to their surroundings than renters.
- Homeownership is found to positively affect children’s academic achievements in school, especially in the areas of reading and math, for kids 3-12 years old.
- Homeowners are found to have substantial health advantages over renters.
- Homeowners have home equity credit lines available to them, so they are found to need less public assistance. This creates feelings of freedom and independent success.
- Homeowners improve and maintain their living space better than renters, which generates more safety and mental health.
- Homeowners feel a pride of ownership in having a home to call their own, and they can customize however they wish.
Financial perks of homeownership in Katy:
- On average, home prices are appreciating 3.6 percent annually, which helps create a financial safety net for homeowners.
- Your mortgage is like a forced savings plan, because when you sell, you get most, all or more of that money back! When you rent, you never see that money again.
- Homeowners build equity each month, which you can later use to purchase another home, to start a business, to send your kids to college, to travel, etc. This opens up more possibilities for you.
- Homeowners are found to have a net worth over 44 times greater than renters!
- A fixed mortgage payment brings stability to your finances, whereas rent prices increase 4 percent annually, on average.
- There are many tax benefits to homeownership, which you could qualify for by next year’s tax season if you purchase a home this year!
For more information on all of these homeownership benefits, check out this KCM Crew article. If you have questions about homeownership, give me a call!
If you are a homeowner, what would you say is the biggest perk of homeownership? Leave a comment and let us know! If you’d like to buy a home in the Katy real estate market and start reaping these benefits of homeownership, contact me, your Katy real estate agent. I am here to help you make your real estate goals a reality!