Spring has arrived in Katy, TX! The end of March and April bring Easter egg hunts, pioneer life, garage sales, family yoga and more to the Katy community! As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on the details of some of Katy’s upcoming spring events, so you can plan your next month accordingly, and take advantage of all that Katy has to offer!
1. Cane Island’s Spring Community Garage Sale will take place this Saturday, March 30, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. If you’d like to participate, have your home added to the map no later than tomorrow, March 28. Otherwise, plan to attend to find affordable items sold by others in the Katy community!
2. Katy’s annual Folk Life Festival will take place April 6 this year at Kenneth D. Welch Outdoor Learning Center. Find out what life was like for pioneers of early Texas as you walk into the late 1800’s. Enjoy presentations and demonstrations on blacksmiths, bee keeping, solider reenactments, hand-quilting, soap-making and more. Enjoy farm animals, Native America culture, nature trails and more. Try calligraphy, pioneer games, archery, pottery and more. So many activities for everyone!
3. Sign your well-heeled dogs up for the Cross Creek Ranch Mutt Strutt on April 13. Activities will include a pup peanut butter eating contest, a Mutt Strutt fashion show, Houston Disc Dogs performances, a photo booth, pet adoption opportunities, dog trainers, bounce houses, games and more for all dog lovers.
4. Easter at the Ranch at Smith Ranch takes place the Saturday before Easter, so April 13 this year. Kids can enjoy Easter egg hunts divided by age, photos with the Easter Bunny, bounce houses, paddle boats, petting zoo and more, and parents can enjoy adult beverages.
5. April 20, head to Rainforest Café at Katy Mills for their Cha! Cha! Egg-Cellent Easter Adventure. Enjoy breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Buffet will include carving station, waffles, omelets, French toast, etc. There will also be an Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Basket Raffle, and goodie bags for the kids.
6. Families can head to Cinco Ranch on April 22 for Athleta Mud Flower Yoga Family Fun Night. This is suggested for children ages 6-13 with a parent. Your family can enjoy a yoga class together, which will focus on cultivating joy and confidence while exploring postures and breathing.
I hope you enjoy the month ahead in Katy! As your Katy real estate agent, I am always here and ready to help you achieve your Katy real estate market goals. So if you are planning on buying, selling or both this spring season in and around Katy, TX, give me a call! I can answer any questions you may have, and can guide you through the entire home-buying and/or home-selling process. I look forward to hearing from you!