Summer officially starts this week in Katy, TX! This means fun in the sun, pool parties, backyard barbecues and plenty of community events happening all season long! To help you plan your summer, as your Katy real estate agent, I’ve put together a list of exciting upcoming events. Mark these in your calendar so you don’t miss a minute of the fun!
1. The monthly LaCenterra Farmers Market takes place the fourth Sunday of each month from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 23501 Cinco Ranch Boulevard. The next one is this coming Sunday, June 23, followed by July 28, Aug. 25 and Sept. 22. Stock up on local produce and treats for your next backyard barbecue!
2. If looking for a good summer workout, the Jeff and Brede’s Triathlon is coming to Katy, TX this Sunday, June 23! It includes a 300 meter pool swim followed by a 10 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run through Mary Jo Peckham Park. You also have the option of a Duathlon, a 1 mile run, 10 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run, if you prefer not to swim.
3. The Fourth of July will be here before you know it, which brings with it the Freedom Celebration in Katy! From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on July 4, head to Katy Heritage Park and Fire Station #1 to enjoy bounce houses, public safety demos, dunking booth, petting zoo, trackless train, snow cones and so much more. In the evening, there will be fireworks and music at 9 p.m. near Typhoon Texas and Katy Mills Mall!
4. Cinco Ranch also hosts a July 4th Celebration from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Enjoy live music, an interactive kids zone, food and drink for purchase from local restaurants, and a 20-minute firework show that begins at 9:15 p.m. Bring lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy the show from!
5. Katy Summer Nights take place monthly at VFW Park. The next one takes place on July 12, and then Aug. 8! These nights begin at 8 p.m. and include a movie in the park with popcorn. Bring blankets, chairs, food and drinks and bug spray, and enjoy a free outdoor movie with others in the community!
Enjoy these summer activities, and all the other events and activities taking place in the area this summer! If you’d like to accomplish your Katy real estate market goals, as a seller, buyer, investor, etc., give me a call! As a Katy real estate agent, I can answer all of your questions, get you started, and guide you through the entire home-selling and/or home-buying process, until your goals have been met. I also can assist you with moving and relocation. Just ask about that when you call!
Summer tends to fly by, so the sooner you begin on summer real estate goals, the sooner you’ll be settled in your new living space. I look forward to hearing from you!