October has arrived in Katy TX, which is prime time for fall fun! If you love fall, you’ll love the lineup of local events this month. As your Katy real estate agent, I fill you in each month on what’s coming up around town. Pull out your calendars and jot these down!
1. The Katy Rice Festival is an annual family-friendly event every fall. This year’s fest runs Oct. 11-13 in downtown Katy. Friday night, enjoy “Octoberfest” with live music, a carnival, food trucks and beer garden. Saturday, enjoy a free parade. Saturday and Sunday, there will be arts and crafts, carnival fun, live music, food and drinks and more. Tickets cost $5 for adults Saturday and Sunday, kids 12 and under are free.
2. Bring the family out to one of the Willowfork Fire Department’s three fire stations this Saturday, Oct. 12, in honor of National Fire Safety Week! From 1 to 4 p.m., you can meet your local firefighters while the kids enjoy a Junior Firefighter Obstacle Course and fun fire safety giveaways. There will also be a blood drive if interested in donating blood.
3. Katy Market Day will be hosting a free British Car Show & Beer Garden on Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy viewing and admiring British cars while sipping beer. What could be better for car enthusiasts? Plus, at Katy Market Day, you can browse and shop at more than 60 vendor booths while enjoying food trucks and a beer garden from No Label Brewery.
4. Halloween is at the end of the month, so time for kids to stock up on candy! Trunk or Treat will take place at Living Word Lutheran Church on Oct. 27 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Kids from preschool to 5th grade can put on their costumes and head to the parking lot to trick-or-treat from car trunks, play carnival games, and enjoy snacks and refreshments.
5. Another Trunk or Treat will also take place Oct. 27, this one from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at Tays Junior High. It’s free and open to the public. Kids can enjoy trick-or-treating in the parking lot from car trunks decked out to look like Halloween-themed front porches. There will also be bounce houses, games, a photo booth, and free popcorn and lemonade.
6. Though not in October, mark your calendar for No Label Brewery’s Chili Cook-Off on Nov. 2! This takes place from 12 to 4 p.m. Proceeds go to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Show up hungry for chili! Kids 12 and under are free with adult admission.
Time to decorate with pumpkins, plan your Halloween costume, and enjoy these upcoming activities in Katy! This month is also a great time to achieve your Katy real estate market goals, as a buyer, seller or both, before the holidays arrive. Contact me, your Katy real estate agent! I am here and ready to help!