The first month of the year and decade is almost over! Whether you’d like to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras or just an extra day this Leap Year, Katy TX has you set with fun February events. As your Katy real estate agent, I’m here to fill you in, so you can avoid cabin fever and enjoy your month!
1. ‘Into the Light’ Masterworks Concert at Seven Lakes High School will take place this Saturday, Feb. 1! Enjoy uplifting music from contemporary American composers performed by the Varsity Choir, Band and Orchestra. Tickets cost $10 or $5 for students.
2. This Sunday, Feb. 2 is a KCM Super Bowl Watch Party! Bring the whole family to the Waters Church for dinner, the game on big screens, and a giant inflatable obstacle course for the kids to enjoy. Tickets cost $15 for adults, $5 for teens, free for kids 12 and under.
3. The Heart of Katy Spring Craft Show will take place Feb. 8-9 at Katy High School. Admission is free, so head out to browse arts and crafts made from local vendors and to purchase some original items!
4. The Texas A&M Singing Cadets’ Spring Performance will take place Feb. 15 at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church at 2 p.m. Known as the “Voice of Aggieland,” the Signing Cadets are Texas A&M’s premier men’s chorus. Proceeds benefit the Katy A&M Club. Purchase a ticket for a great spring concert!
5. Enjoy a date night at Painting with a Twist in February, a great Valentine’s Day activity! Many of their paintings for February are valentine-related. There is a hearts and unicorn painting for all ages, a moon with heart painting, lots of red-centric sunsets and scenery options, and even a heart pizza for all ages. However, if that’s not your thing, there are plenty of non-valentine options as well!
6. MKT Distillery is hosting their second annual Cajun Festival on Feb. 22, starting at 12 p.m. Enjoy live music, crawfish, bounce houses and locally crafted cocktails. There will be a gumbo and cocktail contest as well! Proceeds benefit Katy Christian Ministries.
7. The LaCenterra Farmers Market takes place monthly, even in the winter months! Next one takes place on Feb. 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Upcoming dates include March 22, April 26 and May 24. Stop by to stock up on local goods!
Enjoy your month here in Katy, and as always, when ready to achieve your Katy real estate market goals, give me a call! As your Katy real estate agent, I can tell you that February is becoming the new ‘spring real estate market,’ with buyers not wanting to wait until spring to find a home. Inventory is low, so it’s a great time for sellers to act! Whether you’d like to sell, buy or both this month, I’m here to help. Contact me as soon as you’re ready!