Are you ready for spring in Katy TX? There are plenty of events and activities to enjoy locally within the next month, and as your Katy real estate agent, I am here to share them with you! Grab your calendar and jot down the events that interest you most. If ready to accomplish your Katy real estate goals this spring, I’m here to help with that, too! Give me a call for home-selling and/or home-buying assistance.
1. Gala of Giving is coming up this Saturday, Feb. 29 at 6:30 p.m. The Gala takes place at Parkway Fellowship from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and can be heard on FM 1193. Proceeds from this event go to Keturah’s Haven, a Katy nonprofit that provides housing for homeless pregnant women. Tickets start at $40, enjoy dinner and a silent auction.
2. Seven Lakes Junior High School is hosting an International Festival on March 3! The festival grows every year, with 19 countries represented this year. Each country has a booth with foods, flags, games and more. There are also performances from student groups and the community. It runs from 6 to 8 p.m. and is free to attend!
3. March 7 is the Color for a Cause 5K Charity Run at Cinco Ranch. Proceeds from this event will go to the local nonprofit, The Arc of Katy, creating opportunities for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Run through a course while being doused with colored powder!
4. If your child will be beginning kindergarten in the fall, mark your calendar for Pattison Elementary Kindergarten’s “Round UP” night on March 19 at 6 p.m. All incoming kindergarten students can meet teachers and see classrooms, and parents can learn about the curriculum for next year.
5. Pinot’s Palette has all sorts of paintings and events to get you ready for spring this March. They have an Easter wreath class on March 7, along with paintings of owls, blossoms, ballerinas and plenty of colorful scenes. Later in the month, you can decorate a hummingbird garden wine glass on March 15 or 19.
6. If you love Elvis, mark your calendar for the Elvis Tribute Show at the Wildcatter Saloon in Katy. This takes place March 22 from 3 to 7 p.m. Pre-sale tickets cost $12, day of is $15. This is an all-ages show, but those 21 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Katy Taste Fest 2020 will take place on March 28 at Typhoon Texas! This family-friendly outdoor festival highlights the best in Katy’s dining scene. Sample a variety of cuisine from local businesses, including American, Indian, Mexican, Italian and more. Tickets include food and drinks and a Kids Zone.
Enjoy the beginning of spring, and when ready to accomplish your Katy real estate goals, as a seller, buyer or both this spring season, give me a call! As your Katy real estate agent, that’s what I’m here for, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate