Though many 4th of July events have been canceled, it’s still a holiday weekend in Katy TX! As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to offer you some tips on how to celebrate America’s Independence Day. Whether heading out to an event, or staying close to home, there are plenty of ways to have fun this July 4th weekend.
1. City of Katy and Typhoon Texas are still hosting their annual fireworks show, with fireworks starting at 9 p.m. on July 4 at Katy Mills Mall! Event attendees are requested to wear face coverings and practice social distancing. All other planned activities have been canceled. Stake out a great spot early on to watch the fireworks!
2. Outside of Katy, you can find fireworks at Shell Freedom Over Texas in Houston with live performances, and in Magnolia, Tomball, Rosenberg and Alvin. Sugar Land is hosting a virtual Fourth of July celebration and is offering Patriotic Take Home Party Packages for residents. More details on all of these events can be found here.
3. What’s 4th of July weekend without some delicious barbecue? Katy has no shortage of that! Options include Midway Barbecue, Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que, Harris County Smokehouse, Chuckwagon BBQ & Burgers, Brett’s Barbecue Shop, Red River BBQ & Grill, Spring Creek Barbecue and many, many others. Some of these are open for dine-in, some just for takeout or delivery. Call ahead and make reservations if dining in, or take it to go to enjoy a picnic.
4. Go swimming! We’re in the peak of summer, nothing feels better than jumping into cool waters. Make reservation at Typhoon Texas Water Park, as they have timed entries right now. Head to your community pool if it’s open, or call your favorite public pool to see if it’s open. West Memorial is tentatively opening on July 4. If you have a backyard pool, or a kiddie pool, or even a sprinkler or slip ‘n slide, enjoy that at home!
5. Host a 4th of July party. Invite your family or close friends over, if you feel comfortable doing so, or just throw a party for those who live in your house. Get red, white and blue decorations and have everyone wear their most patriotic outfits! Make fun red, white and blue recipes, like popsicles or cupcakes with colored frosting. Grill in the backyard with easy sides everyone loves. Make it a potluck if inviting guests. Make snow cones. Play yard games. Listen to patriotic music. Have a blast!
As your Katy real estate agent, I hope you enjoy Independence Day this weekend however you decide to celebrate! When ready to achieve your Katy real estate market goals this summer, as a buyer, seller or both, I am here and ready to help. The rest of summer tends to fly by after the holiday, so don’t wait to accomplish your goals! Mortgage rates are historically low, buyers are eager, homes are selling fast, and I am here to help guide you every step of the way.
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate