As we transition from summer to fall, allow me to fill you in on some local activities you can enjoy here in Katy TX. With remote learning and continued uncertainty, these activities will be a nice reprieve from the new normal. As your Katy real estate agent, I’ve put together a list for you to enjoy:
1. Central Green Park at LaCenterra is hosting outdoor fitness classes. They are limited to 10 participants, so registration is required. Tai Chi takes place every Tuesday at 9 a.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m. Yoga takes place on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. Outside of fitness, they also offer Conversational Spanish on the second Saturday of each month at 10 a.m., and Story Time on the third Monday of each month at 10 a.m.
2. Central Green Park will also host a free live concert on Saturday, Oct. 10 from 7 to 9 p.m. Event organizers ask that guests bring non-perishable food items for donation. Lee Greenwood will be the performer, who has more than 30 singles on the Billboard country music charts and is best know for his song, “God Bless the USA.”
3. There are lots of extracurricular programs and activities available for kids in Katy, in person and virtual. Register early, because they are filling up fast. There are tons to choose from, such as baseball, softball, basketball, gymnastics, cheerleading, fitness, dance, football, horseback riding, martial arts, music lessons, soccer and more.
4. Harris County Public Library has all sorts of virtual offerings. These include a preschool storytime, take and make kids crafts, toddler time, drawing, yoga, computer classes, adult book clubs and much more. Check out their calendar to view upcoming events. Some you must register for and others you can just pop into.
5. Painting with a Twist in Katy is still hosting painting nights, but with limited seating. Check out their upcoming schedule, so you can find a painting you want to do and sign up early! You can also order painting kits and paint from home. Upcoming options include sunset, city scape, flowers, full moon, date night, animals, Eiffel Tower, dream catcher, fall colors and many other scenic options. View them all and pick your favorite!
Achieve your Katy real state market goals! The housing market has been hot all summer, making up for lost time this spring. Home sales and prices are up, and inventory is low, so these are ideal conditions for home sellers. Mortgage rates are at record lows, so it’s a great time for homebuyers as well! Lots of homeowners and renters are looking to move this year, to find a living situation that better suits their changing needs. If you can relate, give me a call for help selling, buying or both before 2020 is over!
Enjoy the coming weeks in Katy TX, and if you have real estate goals you’d like to achieve, please reach out to me, your Katy real estate agent! Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with.
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate