We’re more than halfway through October, which means Halloween is just around the corner! It will look different this year, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still great ways to get out of the house and enjoy the fall season in and around Katy TX. As your Katy real estate agent, I came up with this list so you can choose the activities that sound best to you!
1. Central Green at LaCenterra still has activities for you to sign up for and enjoy this season. Upcoming classes include Tai Chi in the Park, Yoga on the Green, and Laughter Yoga. These three activities repeat weekly. Sign up in advance!
2. Friday, Oct. 23, head to a free Trunk or Treat event, hosted by Will Pezzi P.A. and Associates. This will take place in the parking lot at 714 South Peek Road in Katy from 6 to 9 p.m. Stop by in costume and grab treats from the trunks of cars!
3. Schedule a painting class with Pinot’s Palette and paint a beautiful fall photo! There are numerous pumpkin paintings, a jack-o-lantern with a black cat, a haunted house, and numerous Halloween day and night options! Check out the calendar and book your favorite.
4. The NFF Texas 5K is happening virtually this year in Katy TX. Support NFF, Necrotizing Fasciitis Foundation, by registering and running the race virtually. You will still receive a runners bag with a shirt, bib, medal and more when you sign up. Post pictures with the event hashtag!
5. Cane Island has multiple ways for its residents to celebrate Halloween this year. Oct. 24 is a Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat event from 3-6 p.m., and Oct. 28 is a Virtual Toddler Halloween Jam. Kids can wear their costumes and meet characters over Zoom, with games, stories and songs.
6. Drive by a creepily decorated house to get in the spirit of Halloween this year! A couple in Katy turned their home into ‘Island of the Dolls’ for Halloween, with more than 200 spooky dolls on display in the Settler’s Village neighborhood.
7. Tickets are on sale for Halloween Town in Sugar Land on Oct. 31. This event includes a costume parade, vendors, games, a Halloween movie and more at Constellation Field. Masks are required and temperature checks will take place upon entry.
Enjoy your fall season and these Halloween activities, and have a safe, fun rest of your month! As your Katy real estate agent, I am here to answer any questions you may have about the Katy real estate market this year. Whether wanting to buy, sell or both, housing is still hot! It’s a great time to achieve your real estate goals before the winter holidays! Give me a call anytime to discuss your options.
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate