Happy New Year! With a new year comes new events, activities and traditions to experience and create in Katy TX. Though many events are still on pause, there are some fun activities you can enjoy in the coming weeks. As your Katy real estate agent, I’m here to offer a few suggestions, so you can get out of the house this winter and have some fun, as a family, couple, group of friends, or solo!
1. Painting with a Twist has a whole new lineup of paintings for you to explore this year. A few upcoming options include a tranquil spring morning, date night celestial moon, beach scene, northern lights, raccoons for kids ages six and up, elephant, sunset and more. There are tons to choose from, pick your favorite and sign up for a painting night!
2. Learn a new craft this year. Cane Island has a few workshops coming up. On Jan. 16 is a Photography Workshop. Learn basic camera settings, shooting in manual mode, lighting tips and more. Sign up in advance and take these new skills with you when you explore nature or capture family moments in 2021! Also on Jan. 16 is a Sushi 101 Class. If you love sushi, learn to make it at home!
3. Wino Events hosts virtual and in-person events around the area. It looks like the Katy tours are sold out this month, but check their lineup for future outings. On Jan. 16 is a North Houston trip to Chappell Hill Winery Tour with BBQ Lunch. Virtually, they have a Virtual Wine Tasting Class & Murder Mystery coming up tomorrow, Jan. 14. On Jan. 20 is a Virtual Wine Tasting Class & Trivia Contest.
4. Get out on Katy’s trails this month! If you have a resolution to get fit, get outside more, spend more time as a family, etc., Katy’s hiking and biking trails are a great way to achieve those goals. There are so many to choose from. Bear Creek Park has 2.01 miles of walking trails. Cullen Park has 5 miles. George Bush Hike and Bike Trail has 11.36 miles. Check out this full list to choose your next destination!
5. Central Green Park at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch is hosting numerous events throughout the month. This includes Laughter Yoga on Jan. 14, Tai Chi on Jan. 16, Story Time on the Green on Jan. 18 and more. They also sometimes host Movie Nights, so check their schedule for February to see what else they will have available.
Enjoy your start to a new year! When ready to achieve your Katy TX real estate goals, as a buyer, seller or both, give me a call. As your Katy real estate agent, I can tell you that 2021 is still a hot year for real estate activity. There is no reason to wait until spring to achieve your goals! Contact me, let’s discuss your goals and your timeline, and we’ll go from there.
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate